Sunday, September 14, 2008

Got Diapers?

Here I am sitting, relaxing and enjoying a peaceful Sunday early afternoon. Watching a Disney movie with the kids and talking to baby when out of the blue the door bell rings. Of course 98% of the time our family doesn't answer it, only because we don't want to be forced to say no to a calling or prayer, but today I thought "ok all the good church goers (obviously not us) are all downtown for a Conference session, so I might as well answer it".
As Hope answers the door there are little kids cheesing it and ask her "can we borrow a diaper?"
Ok so we all have asked for an egg or two, some butter or maybe even an onion, but a DIAPER? Who does that?
I was thrown off by this! A diaper?
I ask Hope, "who is it for?"
Mind you all of our neighbors have potty trained kids (well we all hope so anyways), and no babies. So I told her to ask who needs it and what size? Come to find out a great visiting family member of a neighbor supposedly has no diapers. How do you leave your house and not get at least 1 diaper for the kid you know needs one. So I let her take one of Matthew's and give it to them.
My pondering question still is: A: who does that? asking for a diaper of all things? B: Don't we all live right behind the WalMart complex?
So next time your thinking of knockin on a neighbors door for anything, you might wanna check your bags to make sure you don't already have that egg, onion or even a DIAPER.

4 comments:

KEVANNA said...

That's just to funny!! But have you ever had anybody ask to borrow a roll of toilet paper?? Told them I ddn't want it back?!!? Or do you have an extra box of cereal til next week?? W.O.W. What's with people these days?? Love you, AMA

Bonnie said...

Did you know that an adult has a lot more pee than a baby and that a diaper does not hold it all? Do not ask how I know this as I will probably not tell you. And no I did not borrow one to find out. If I did want to find out, could I borrow one? HeHe!

Why DO people forget diapers for their kid? And why are you trying to dog the church callings? Don't you know that sharing diapers with those in need will get you on the compassionate service list? I think they were just testing you to see how good you would be on it. Now they know. Shouldn't have fallen so easily Kelly.

Here at home said...

Kelly, you're hilarious. I'm so glad you've finally joined us. It's a lot of fun.
I think they need to put you in the nursery, and please, bring extra diapers.

Anonymous said...

Well I'll just admit it Bon, I wore one of Will's diapers to the hospital when I was in labor with Foxx. There I said it and yes, I did pee in it a little... you would too in that situation don't deny it.

Diapers are sort of an odd request. Hang a sign out side that reads Kelly's General Store and list prices. I can't say that we get a lot of neighbors asking to borrow stuff, well on occasion water but not much else. I do get a lot of bratty neighborhood kids tattling though. Wanna trade?