Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Growin' old together

This last week on the 10th of September, Travis and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary. For the most part it was just an ordinary day like any other, other than we are both getting older and learning one day more how to live with each others onriness - ok so with Travis' onriness *wink*wink*
To look back at all the trials and treasures we have been given along the way we would probably make some better choices, but as for US, that would have never been a change. Life would have never been as exciting as it has been without my eternal companion by my side through good and bad!! Everyday I wake up I thank God for the wonderful man I was given to walk this journey with and raise the beautiful family we have created.
Now I know we all have had that day where we have thought: "What was I thinking?", but by the end of the day or next when things are all smoothed out and peaceful again we think: "Oh yeah this is what I was thinking!!" Life wasn't suppose to be easy and without the trials we have been given we may have never became this strong in our relationship. You definately learn to give and take and sometimes give more than you get to take, but I guess that's where the fine print came in on that marriage certificate eh?
Every year on our anniversary I try to get Travis to watch our wedding video, but he won't! Wanna know why? Well let me tell you. Within our tape, from whomever was taping came to each one of us and asked what our last words were before we got married that day and here's what was said:
Kelly: "JUMP BABY, JUMP!!"
Travis: "HELP"
To this day he has NEVER been able to forget or be forgiven of that ONE word! EVER!! Yes he has had to pay for that, I give him crap about it all the time and let me tell you a few times he has really probably wanted to yell HELP the whole entire day! HEHEHEHE
Honestly Travis is really the best husband anyone could have hand picked for me and I'm thankful I picked him (even though I liked his best friend first, but that's another story). I would never want another man to be my partner in this life, so here's to Travis and a great 17 yrs together which 14 of them we have been married. Thanks for eternity Trav, I love you!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And for those days that you think to yourself "What was I thinking?"-- cheese and pickles Baby!! cheese and pickles... Mwahahahahahahahahaha

I think I'll go make myself a cheese and pickle sandwich right now...

Anonymous said...

oh by the way,I almost forgot... Congrats on the 14 years, 17 years, lifetime... whatever

Here at home said...

Kelly, you guys are old. I've only been married 6 years, so you must be older than I am! You have also learned a lot more than I have in your 14 years of marriage, and you're still together. That's great. Happy anniversary. Next thing you know, you'll be celebrating your golden.

LouandAngela said...

It's good to see you in the blog world with your very own blog!! :) Funny choice of word Travis decided to pick! I'm sure we've all felt the truthfulness of that one though! Glad that you hand picked the perfect man for you! I love the sentiment.

Oh, and thanks for your good comments on my blog! It's fun to hear from you.

Bonnie said...

If you thought that was bad what he said on camera, I will not even tell you what he said OFF camera...

Happy Anniversary! You are both so awesome! It is those hard times that are what build character.